In the STCW Refresher Combination Basic Training (BT), Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) and Advanced Firefighting (AFF) seafarers refresh their knowledge and skills in just 4 days on the following topics:
- Personal Survival Techniques (BT)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (BT)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (BT)
- Survival Techniques (PSCRB)
- Launching, handling and recovery of Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- Using fire appliances (AFF)
- Commanding, organizing, training of fire parties and control fire operations (AFF)
The combination refresher training Basic Training (BT), Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) and Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) is to provide training for all seafarers who are assigned as coxswain on board ships to launch and take charge of survival craft or rescue boat and all seafarers who are assigned as being fire team commander to take charge in case of fire related calamities on board ships.
For admission to the course a delegate must be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate for seafarers.
There are two options to prove the admission requirements;
- the seafarer must have completed the initial or refresher training (BT, PSCRB and AFF) in accordance with BT Section A-VI/1 Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4, PSCRB Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 and AFF Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended or;
- the seafarer must be in the possession of a valid Certificate of Competence (CoC) in combination with a valid seamen’s book as a prove of 1 year sea time over the last 5 years.
The certificate is valid for 5 years.